Senior front-end developer
Do you like to design and develop software? Are you the creative person that wants to work within a multidisciplinary R&D department? And do you want to deal with innovative issues within the energy transition? Then we have the challenge for you!
What are you going to do?
As a senior front-end web developer you will design and implement your designs to optimize the user experience of our back-office web application (SCADA) for TheBattery. This system is used to control, monitor and test our products through a comprehensive user interface. Next to that, it is not only a service tool, but also a customer portal. Therefore, it is important that you can translate the customer requirements into an optimal user experience. For this, you design the user interface for the HMI on our installations and web applications. If necessary, you make a wireframe or a proof of concept.
Your knowledge and expertise will enable us to mange the application in real-time and gain insight into critical infrastructure (end-to-end), including configuration management, object management, real-time measurements and integration of external solutions. Together with 6 other colleagues, and by applying the latest technologies (such as ‘’Smart Grids’’ and ‘’IoT’’), you will ensure that our development takes shape.
Some of your tasks will be:
- Designing, developing and maintaining front-end software that communicates with technical systems (Energy storage systems and charging stations);
- Testing the extent to which functional and graphical needs fit within the available front-end architecture which is envisioned by Alfen;
- Supporting the execution of system tests and user acceptance tests;
- Creating and maintaining necessary (functional) documentation, such as manuals.
What do we offer you?
An independent and responsible job with room for personal input, new ideas, initiatives and entrepreneurship. Alfen is a fast growing company with a clear focus on conquering the market and focusing on the energy transition. All this takes place in a pleasant, open and informal working atmosphere where, in addition to work, activities are also part of Alfen's culture. This could include an online escape room or fun quiz with accompanying snacks: a bowling night, a visit to Almere City games, mudflat hiking, and more.
Naturally, we offer you an appropriate benefits package including a phone and laptop and you are also entitled to 27 vacation days + 13 ADV per year. We think it is important that you can relax regularly. In addition, you will have motivated colleagues who are willing to share knowledge and we will give you opportunities to develop as a professional.
What do we ask of you?
Your driven personality and high level of professional knowledge will be an added value to the team. For this challenging position, we are looking for a quality-oriented team player, who is solution-oriented, driven and has good communication skills. Experience or affinity with (power) electronics and / or industrial automation is a requirement for this position. Furthermore, we would like to see in your profile that you:
- Have a completed Bachelor or Master degree;
- At least 5 years of experience with front-end / HMI / web development;
- Have Knowledge and experience in Java with Spring, Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, Redis, Nginx, Haproxy and Ubuntu;
- Are proficient in Agile / Scrum, JIRA and Confluence;
- Are skilled with the English language, both verbal and in written.
For this role, hybrid working is possible. The place of employment is Almere.
Do we have your interest?
Do you recognize yourself in the above and are you interested in this position? Then apply via the website or contact our Corporate Recruiter, Tamarah Koolhof on telephone number +31 6 51 66 71 41.