Linux (Kernel) Specialist
Are you a true expert when it comes to Linux (Kernel)? Do you want to ensure that our in-house and custom-made platform is secured for now, but also for in the future? Does bare-metal software development hold no secrets for you? Then Alfen is looking for you!
What will you be doing?
As an embedded Linux specialist, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the embedded Linux platform for two of our product groups. This concerns the charging stations (ACE, Alfen Charging Equipment) and the energy storage systems (TheBattery). Because of your knowledge and experience within Kernel development, you will be able to connect hardware and software. Furthermore, you will also be involved in creating a hardware abstraction layer and contributing to the development of board support packages. In addition, you know how to implement security policies by using trust zones and applying a secure element.
You will be working within our research and development department (R&D). With various technical disciplines, our research and development department is responsible for development inquiries for our three business units: TheBattery (energy storage systems), Smart Grid Solutions (transformer stations) and Alfen Charging Equipment (charging stations). In this role, you will be supporting the software team for the energy storage systems and charging stations.
Furthermore, the following tasks will also be part of your job description:
- Supporting and developing hardware and software integrations;
- Securing our embedded Linux platform and keeping our solutions safe;
- Creating validation solutions for hardware prototypes;
- Developing specific software features for application integration (interfaces, firmware updates procedures etc.).
What do we offer you?
An independent and responsible job with room for personal input, new ideas, initiatives and entrepreneurship. Alfen is a fast-growing company that is busy conquering the market with a clear focus on the energy transition. All the above in a pleasant, open and informal working environment, where in addition to work, activities are also part of the Alfen culture. This includes an online escape room or fun quiz with snacks, and when possible: a bowling evening, a visit to the Almere City matches, mudflat hiking, and more.
Of course we offer you an appropriate benefits package including a phone and a laptop and you will be entitled to 27 vacation days + 13 ADV per year. We think it is important that you can relax regularly. In addition, you will work with motivated colleagues who are willing to share knowledge and we give you opportunities to develop as a professional.
What do we ask of you?
You are driven in your profession and are aware of how to add value to the team with your personality and knowledge. Next to that, communication on different levels within the organization is a natural process for you. For this role, we are searching for an independent and ambitious colleague with a no-nonsense mentality. Furthermore, You can also recognize yourself in the following profile:
- A (relevant) completed bachelor or master degree;
- At least 10 years of experience with C and Python, knowledge of C++17 and rest is an advantage;
- Experience with embedded Linux and embedded systems development (Bootloader, Uboot, (low) power mode);
- Hardware knowledge and experience with measurement devices;
- Developing and configurating network interfaces (mobile, wifi, ethernet, BT);
- Skilled in applying international quality standards (for example: MISRA, CERT, ISO27001).
For this role, hybrid working is possible. The place of employment is Almere.
Do we have your interest?
Do you recognize yourself in the above and are you interested in this position? Then apply via the website or contact our Corporate Recruiter, Tamarah Koolhof on telephone number +31 6 51 66 71 41.