Product Development Engineer - New Product Development
Do you want to become part of the energy transition by developing our future, innovative and high quality EV charging stations? Do you have a passion for sustainable technology and products? And would you like to be part of our growth and success? Then we are looking for you!
What are you going to do?
As an Product Development Engineer, you will be working within our Research and Development department (R&D). With various technical disciplines, the R&D department is responsible for development inquiries for our three business units: The Battery (Energy Storage Systems), Smart Grid Solutions (Transformer Stations) and Alfen Charging Equipment (Charging Stations).
In your role as Product Development Engineer, you will be working for our business unit; ACE (Alfen Charging Equipment), where you will be part of the NPD- (New Product Development) team. You will be working on mechanical development and component integration of future products, parts and systems and oversee the development from early concept to mass production.
Next to that, the following tasks belong to your functional profile:
- Develop products, modules and parts which meet the requirements and evaluate the feasibility of design proposals;
- Dimension according to load case and material use (mainly plastics injection molding and sheet metals) and manufacturing method (injection molding, stamping);
- Document the design into a full 3D, 2D definition and Bill of Materials;
- Perform detailed product development using tools like tolerance analysis, dFMEA, DfX (DfM / DfA).
What do we offer you?
An independent and responsible job with room for personal input, new ideas, initiatives and entrepreneurship. Alfen is a fast-growing company that is busy conquering the market with a clear focus on the energy transition. All the above in a pleasant, open and informal working environment, where in addition to work, activities are also part of the Alfen culture. This includes an online escape room or fun quiz with snacks, and when possible: a bowling evening, a visit to the Almere City matches, mudflat hiking, and more.
Naturally, we offer you an appropriate benefits package including a laptop and you will be entitled to 27 vacation days + 13 ADV per year. We think it is important that you can relax regularly. In addition, you will work with motivated colleagues who are willing to share knowledge and we give you opportunities to develop as a professional.
What do we ask of you?
You are a motivated, creative and initiative person. Next to that, you know what it takes to translate user and commercial requirements into innovative and highly integrated products. Also, you are not afraid to ask questions and you are eager to learn new things. Besides a portfolio with relevant projects you have worked on, for a good match we would like to see in your resume that you have:
- 2+ years of experience with developing consumer products and at least a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Industrial Design Engineering;
- Ability to develop a wide range of creative concepts and ideas (paper sketches, quick 3D models, mock-ups, etc.);
- Understanding of how to iterate product development from initial idea all the way up to production for mass volume and know how to create 2D drawings suitable for mass production and Quality Control;
- Skills how to size parts correctly to withstands applicable load cases;
- Experience with PDM software (i.e. Windchill);
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering on products involving electronic assemblies and thermal management is a plus.
Do we have your interest?
Do you recognize yourself in the above and are you interested in this position? Then apply via the website or contact our corporate recruiter, Tamarah Koolhof on telephone number +31 6 51 66 17 41.