What are you going to do?
In the position of Technical Writer you are responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation, such as installation and user manuals. At Alfen, this mainly concerns electrotechnical documentation for our ‘TheBattery’ energy storage systems, ‘Eve’ charge points for electric cars and substations for electricity grids. Together with two other technical writers you will collaborate with departments to gather all necessary information to write and edit technical documentation. The standard writing language is English which will be translated to multiple languages. Your main responsibilities are:
- Based on the information provided by other departments and colleagues, you write, illustrate and edit technical documentation such as manuals and data sheets.
- Guard the design and uniformity of documentation and the underlying technical data.
- Register and manage all technical documentation in the Content Management System (CMS).
Experience we’re looking for?
Technical knowledge and skills:
- You have a Bachelor degree with a technical focus. Preferably electrical engineering.
- You have a worked as a Technical Writer for a number of years in a project-based environment;
- Knowledge of MS Office and CRM and ERP systems;
- Experience with Adobe CC, Framemaker and 3D software (Creo Illustrate) is a plus.
- Worked with a Document Management System (CMS), structured data (DITA) is a plus.
- Native to near native English (spoken and written). A good understanding of Dutch is a plus.
- Are a professional critical and independent person, who is focused on achieving good results together.
Are you interested ?
Then we would like to hear from you. Apply directly by clicking the ‘apply’ button or you can also contact our Corporate Recruiter, Diederik Vasse, by phone at 06-12862157.