Environment, Social, Governance (ESG)
Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of present generations without jeopardizing the ability of future generations to meet their needs (United Nations, report Brundtland Commission, 1987).
Alfen's vision is 'A connected and smart sustainable energy system for future generations'.
With its products that make this possible, Alfen is at the center of the energy transition. That is why Alfen sees sustainable business as a moral duty.
Alfen takes its place in society and adheres to the core values that are anchored in its vision and mission: the SPARK values.
These core values determine, on the one hand, the way in which we meet the needs of our customers and, on the other, our view of the environment and our internal operations.
Alfen strives to realize a share in sustainable development for the energy transition within society in a way that makes responsible choices both economically, socially and environmentally.
Alfen recognizes that the economic activities of its business operations can have consequences for the environment. That is why we strive to act responsibly with the environment and we take into account the consequences of our activities.
Next to addressing the Environmental theme in Alfen’s sustainability policy, the Social topics are addressing how Alfen manages its relationships with its workforce, the societies in which it operates, and the political environment.
Please find here the composition of our Management Board and our Supervisory Board, as well as all governance related documents.
Sustainability is the first out of Alfen’s five core values: SPARK. The other four values also directly relate to our sustainability policy. Our SPARK values are the following:
- Partner (Collaborate)
- Adaptive (Adaptive / Adaptability)
The SPARK values are therefore the basis of the Alfen Sustainability Policy. This includes the following:
- Contribute to long-term social, economic and ecological balance
- Alfen has built up a leading position in the field of sustainable business and wants to maintain and further strengthen it.
- Alfen recognises its duty of care for the health and safety of its employees, including the employees of all cooperating partners, its duty of care to manufacture and install high-quality products and its duty of care towards the environment to minimise its impact.
- Alfen recognises its responsibility to respect human rights.
Adaptive (Ability to Adapt)
- Alfen operates internationally and constantly adjusts its operational policy to the latest sustainability standards
- Transparent about the sustainability objectives and the results towards stakeholders
- Alfen remains curious about new (sustainable) developments
- Alfen develops the best (sustainable) products and solutions
- Alfen strives for continuous improvement.
Alfen aims to be a sustainable organisation by not undertaking unacceptable risks during the execution of its operational activities. Alfen has implemented its Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) policy in order to achieve these objectives,