Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of present generations without jeopardizing the ability of future generations to meet their needs (United Nations, report Brundtland Commission, 1987).
Alfen's vision is 'A connected and smart sustainable energy system for future generations'.
With its products that make this possible, Alfen is at the center of the energy transition. That is why Alfen sees sustainable business as a moral duty.
Alfen takes its place in society and adheres to the core values that are anchored in its vision and mission: the SPARK values.
These core values determine, on the one hand, the way in which we meet the needs of our customers and, on the other, our view of the environment and our internal operations.
Alfen strives to realize a share in sustainable development for the energy transition within society in a way that makes responsible choices both economically, socially and environmentally.
Sustainability is the first out of Alfen’s five core values: SPARK. The other four values also directly relate to our sustainability policy. Our SPARK values are the following:
- Partner (Collaborate)
- Adaptive (Adaptive / Adaptability)
The SPARK values are therefore the basis of the Alfen Sustainability Policy. This includes the following:
- Contribute to long-term social, economic and ecological balance
- Alfen has built up a leading position in the field of sustainable business and wants to maintain and further strengthen it.
- Alfen recognises its duty of care for the health and safety of its employees, including the employees of all cooperating partners, its duty of care to manufacture and install high-quality products and its duty of care towards the environment to minimise its impact.
- Alfen recognises its responsibility to respect human rights.
Adaptive (Ability to Adapt)
- Alfen operates internationally and constantly adjusts its operational policy to the latest sustainability standards
- Transparent about the sustainability objectives and the results towards stakeholders
- Alfen remains curious about new (sustainable) developments
- Alfen develops the best (sustainable) products and solutions
- Alfen strives for continuous improvement.
Alfen aims to be a sustainable organisation by not undertaking unacceptable risks during the execution of its operational activities. Alfen has implemented its Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) policy in order to achieve these objectives,
Alfen strives to facilitate further sustainable development in order to nurture a society that makes responsible choices from an economic, social and ecological perspective. Read more about Alfen's sustainable development policy drafted in line with ISO 26000:2010.
Impact on UN Sustainable Development Goals
In addition to Alfen's products and services that are fully focused on facilitating the energy transition, Alfen sees it as its responsibility to further invigorate its impact, and together with its paramount stakeholders has aligned its corporate social responsibility framework with four UN Sustainable Development Goals.