It is possible to change the back office of a charging station. This can be done in the following two ways:
1) On site using the ACE Service Installer.
To do so, use the Service Installer Setup (for NG platform). This programme can be downloaded here.
Under "How do I receive login details for the ACE Service Installer configuration tool?" you can find information for requesting an account.
Information about the use of the Service Installer can be found under "How do I configure charging stations using the ACE Service Installer configuration tool?"
The ACE Service Installer can only be used on computers with a Windows operating system.
Back office changes via the ACE Service Installer:
- Go to the 'Connectivity' tab.
- Open the ‘Back office preset’ list.
- You can choose an option from the list of preset back offices.
- Is your back office not listed here? In that case, you could configure your back office manually via <Manually enter backend settings>.
- Select the appropriate ‘Connection method’, depending on how the charging station is connected to the internet.
- Under ‘Protocol’, select the OCPP version with which the relevant back office communicates.
- Click on 'Save' in the bottom right.
- Restart the charging station.
2) Remotely by changing the configuration parameters via a back-office system.
Notice! If you change the back office of a charging station which connects to a back office via SIM card connection, you will have to change the SIM card of the charging station on site. Making changes remotely is not possible in that case.
Back office changes via the current back office system:
- Open the page in the back office where the changes in the configuration can be made.
- The following configuration parameters are not applicable to the migration of a charging station:
- BackOffice-URL-wired (if connected wired)
- BackOffice-Path-wired (if connected wired)
- BackOffice-URL-APN (if connected via SIM card)
- BackOffice-Path-APN (if connected via SIM card)
- APN-Name (if connected via SIM card)
- APN-Password (if connected via SIM card)
- APN-User (if connected via SIM card)
- Fill in these fields with the appropriate details.
- Please ensure that the changes are saved properly.
- Give the charging station a hard reset.
When changing these settings, it is important that the charging station is not restarted in between, but only after the full configuration has been adapted. This is because there is a slight risk that not all parameters have been adapted and the charging station goes offline. In case this happens, the configuration can only be changed on site.